The Purchaser's primary role is to develop and maintain relationships with specific vendors assigned to each project. In addition, the Purchaser is required to become knowledgeable with product specifications in order to produce effective cost estimates, issue job tenders, qualify bids and negotiate with our trade partners.
The following is a list of the major responsibilities of the Site Superintendent;
- Liaise between internal and external departments to ensure the accuracy of information for production
- Prepare preliminary cost comparisons, authorization of invoices for payment in accordance with policies
- Preparation of budget reviews including forecast figures of cost fluctuations, and material quantity take-offs
- Maintain current, competitive cost and product information under changing market conditions to support management decisions
- Plan, organize and complete work as assigned
- Maintain a customer focus and communicate with employees and customers at all levels of the organization
- A minimum of two years estimating experience in the RESIDENTIAL construction industry
- Experience with Home Front software would be an asset
- Construction Technology diploma or relevant experience
- Strong MS Office skills and accurate data entry skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to handle large volumes of data in a fast paced environment
- Capable of working under pressure with tight deadlines and act with a sense of urgency
Email Pam Gratton your resume, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you in advance for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.